And all this wandering has got me nothing...
- Ben Folds, "Wandering"

"Daytripper"
Today I drove to Columbia so I could watch the tape I set up in Brent's apartment to tape last Friday's episode of Ed.

Those of you who tried to watch Ed last Friday -- or who simply know of my luck with day trips -- know how this story ends.

I drove the most treacherous 120 mile track of I-70 -- a track that has stolen my dignity and threatened my life time and time again -- for a tape of Law and Order. NBC postponed Ed. I would have known this if I hadn't spent the last several days avoiding my usual Ed-themed internet haunts so as not to ruin the end of the episode I was convinced I had on tape in Columbia. Ironically enough, while hitting the web to find out what the hell Vincent D'Onofrio was doing in Stuckeyville, I inadvertantly learned how Friday's episode will end.

I bet there are a million people who wish that this was there worst problem.

Since I'd gone all the way to Columbia without the car breaking down or midgets trying to beat me to death, I figured I might as well try to make the trip worthwhile. So I tried to come up with something to do that I could only do in Columbia.

And I did it.

"Today I Settle All Accounts"
Six weeks of school left.

The way i see it, that means I've got a month and a half to decide how my senior year's going to go, because once I move into Casa de Jones-Clark, that's it for me. I'm not meeting anybody new, and I'm not making anymore friends.

Seriously. I don't think we're even going to have a phone.

So if you want access to the Clark next year, we'd better part on good terms in May, 'cause I could cut anyone of you in a heartbeat. I'll just disappear on you like a fart in the wind.

"Problems"
Kate wrote something about missing her old problems... Today I experienced a bit of that.

And I feel pretty stupid.

My therapist is going to have to hear about this.

"Why Can't We Be Friends?"
I got a quick query for you... When did contempt become so cool? Everyone seems so intent on pointing out what an idiot the other guy is. Seems like everyone's trying to convince me why I should hate everyone else. And it's over petty little shit, too. Fuck us all getting along... could we all just shut up about not getting along for five minutes?

Ben said it best...

Comments

Popular Posts