Sometimes I suspect that we build our traps ourselves, then we back into them, pretending amazement the while. That this is the way of life, from the All-Highest down to the meaniset creature in creation... But whether this is the case or no, it is still a worthy thing to open cages. It is still a virtuous act to free the impreisoned.
- Neil Gaiman, "Exiles"

"Yoga versus Yo-Yo"
It's strange. I mean, quite frankly, a good number of the people I've grown to care about have lost their goddamn minds. (Yes. I'm talking about you.) If half of the stuff that's happened in the last month happened to me last year, that me would probably be freaking out. You know why?

No yo-yo.

Life just ain't the same with a chafed middle finger.

"Everyone versus One"
Yesterday, despite my protestations to the contrary, most of the people I talked to did not agree with me on the "We're all one" groove I was riding for a while. It's a shame. It was a wonderful, trip, man. Ya'll should have gone with me.

"Mock Trial versus Me"
Tomorrow I'm off on what may be my last mock trial trip ever. And so, on the eve of this trip, I'm utilizing the one thing I've learned from my years on the AMTA circuit: Get as little sleep as possible the night before a long mock trial road trip. It makes it easier to sleep during the car ride, and sleep is where I'm a viking, and I don't have to deal with wack jobs in enclosed spaces.

If I accomplish nothing else this weekend, I hope I get a chance to try the Big Pig... or at least get some freaking poppers.

"The Old Man versus the Checkout Girl"
Today I started telling stories about the dorm, "way back when." I'm really becoming an old man here... and not one of those distinguished and wise old men. One of those wild-eyed and bushy-haired old men that gets found harassing the checkout girl at Wal-Mart after wandering away from the home.

"Mr. Thickhead versus Understanding"
There are days when I realize just how dense I am. And not just in the I Have an Uncrackable Back way. I'm talking the I am Slow to Understanding way.

It's a spring thing. I have no idea what's going on. That's how I let those moments slip by... which again, could just be for the best for all I know.

Just so we all understand, I'm talking about comic books here. Just simple comic books.

Seriously. I should be in bed now.
I may be gone for a while...

Comments

Popular Posts