In the years we've known one another, this is the longest conversation we've ever had. This... explanation of the world. The truth is, you've never pursued my friendship and never considered me your equal. You obsess not over some vitiation of amity so much as hollow, jingoistic entitlement.
- Christopher J. Priest, "Alliance"

"Tired"
This is going to sound weird, but I think that some of the best days are the ones where you're working off of two or three hours of sleep.

You can generally do and say whatever you want, and if anyone calls you on it, you just look at them all sad and whine I'm tired.

"Undone"
I was doing some story research, and I came across this.

I was blown away.

Look at the expression there. I always thought that eyes and mouths would look goofy, but whoever drew this just made it work. I'm not going to be able to call myself America's Preeminent Stick-Figure Artist with the same degree of confidence ever again.

I am undone.

"Holiday"
I am going to attempt to divide my spring break in three places: St. Paul, Brent's Apartment, and My Mother's Basement.

Due to the Silver National Mock Trial Tournament, I'm going to miss the first Friday Ed. (Woodward, I don't know how you can even look at me without shame in your eyes and remorse in your cold, black heart. What happened to you, man? Dude, you changed...) It looks like it's going to be a good episode, and NBC just patently refuses to rerun Ed -- again, I have absolutely no life -- so I'm concerned I'm never going to see it somehow. I'm really planning on covering my bases, though. I'll have My Crazed Roommate's TVCR tape it, the VCR I found on the porch of the J-Slums the day I moved out programmed to tape it in Brent's Apartment (his VCR sucks ass like it's water), and my sister back in Kansas City instructed to do the same. If you want to volunteer yourself and your VCR for the initiative, you could receive upwards of 75 Uncool Points for your efforts.

Don't ask me why, but I really like the idea of sitting around Brent's place for a few days, eating ramen noodles, and watching his Due South DVDs. And drinking heavily.

And if/when I make it home, I'm going to make a concerted effort to reunite the Flash issues I left there with the Columbia collection... and if I've got time, maybe even reread the clone saga. Oh yeah, and say hi to my little sister Chelsey... maybe. And probably see those blowjob high school friends of mine.

If it's all right with you, I think I'm going to check out early this week.

Comments

Popular Posts