A custom as old as the world itself. A friend welcomes a friend to his house. Washes his feet. The counsel of such a man is well received.
- Christopher Priest, "Alliance"

"Banger at the Gate of the Fortress of Solitude"
Reading comics in high schooled formed my personality. I think I've mentioned this before.

In Joe Kelly's Deadpool, our esteemed title character, the intrepid merc-with-a-mouth, had this weird thing about people coming to his house. He tended to freak out about visitors. I think that's where I picked this up.

Few of my friends have been to my house. Back when I spent a lot of time in my house. There are maybe two people who have been in my bedroom. (And they were guys. Wait... that seems to imply... aw, forget it.)

I only say this because Kate Jeffries is coming to my house for Easter. Somebody who calls me Clark will walk the halls of the home where I am Lenar. It should be fairly interesting. So if you're curious as to the details of how I live, Kate will cement her position as the person to go to. Lucky her.

I just hope she's prepared for the insinuation that we're dating. My mom seems fairly desperate to believe that I might provide her with a grandchild or two... and I've done little to convince her that I'm capable of doing so.

"A Conclusion to These Matters"
If I've learned anything in college, it's that life is made up of cycles.

I've spent the last year or so trying to avoid becoming that which I've grown to dread. And yet, a dream has left me mired in fear and indecision.

I've learned nothing.

But I know why I've been peeing on the rug.

Comments

Popular Posts