This used to be my specialty. I was good in a living room. Send me in there, I'll do it alone. And now I just... I don't know...
- Cameron Crowe, Jerry Maguire

"Superstitious Cowardly Lot"
I haven't had to have A Talk in almost a year. And I guess I figured I'd never have to have one again... which I now realize was fairly stupid on my part. I thought it was one of those things that was behind me now, like Homecoming Dances, math classes, or getting splashed with water on a whim.

It used to be easy. You'd just go down the hall and have what Jeffries called "the weekly life-changing talk" in which you said all the same things you said last time, and try not to notice how crazy the broad was.

Okay, I lied. It was never easy.

But I never really just ran away from one before today.

I think I understand the appeal of a suit of armor these days.

Sometimes, I really want to go to prison.

Comments

Popular Posts