It's only as the wind and the rumble of nearby aircraft hits me that I begin to understand. I thought I knew, and I never did. I always thought I was trying to play hero. Maybe all along I've been trying to play God...

I can't help wondering, what have I done?

Did I just solve a problem, or create one? Did I just save Eddie Brock's life? Or did I just send him to hell?

- Paul Jenkins, "The Hunger"

"The Hat Trick"
I would never want to write Green Lantern, and I think the reason why is because I myself would make a terrible Green Lantern. Those damn power rings run on grit and will power, and I don't think I've got enough of either to manifest little green paper dolls.

(That being said, I must admit, I'm J'onzz-ing to pitch a buddy book pairing Jon Stewart and the Martian Manhunter.)

Someone once told me that good things happen in threes. I'm trying to remember whether or not I thought they were crazy.

I could use a little hope these days.

Comments

Popular Posts