I know, it's just... I'm tired, Doc. I'm so tired all of a sudden. I try not to look back, because some days it feels like I'll just drown under the weight of everything I've done, everything I've had to do, and I wonder if it was worth it...
- J. Michael Straczynski, "Happy Birthday"

"Haps to the Birthday"
I've got a real love for keeping track of dates and remembering anniversaries. It's one of the things I always figured would make me a good boyfriend, but in all reality would just make me a lackluster history professor.

Today is the one year anniversary of my first blog posting.

Over the last year, I have posted 104 times, with 370 different entries. I've gone through four templates, and three name changes. I have posted 42 images, 25 of which were pictures of Spider-Man.

I've mentioned Kate Jeffries 62 different times and I've described Caleb Prewitt as "crazed" on 22 occasions.

I've written 64,427 words, most of it a litany of lamentation and utter nonsense, though even I -- in all my self-deprecating glory -- can't deny the poignancy of "The Secret Origin of Clark". And I'm really quite fond of that letter I wrote to The Cosmic Creative Team of Lenar Clark.

The original plan for the big 105th Posting was what I'd tentatively title "Blog from the Future", where I would have used this picture of my dad to present you, the reader, with a glimpse of what I imagine this blog will be like in 2027. It would have been me blathering on about my failed novels and submissions to Spider-Man, how stupid it is to still be working at the Raytown Library, and how much I miss my ex-wife Colleen. You know a real dreaded and dystopic view of the future in keeping with the horrors presented in such classic tales as 1984, "Days of Future Past", or The Dark Knight Returns. It would have been hilarious, but you can't change the date of the postings that much. Don't it suck?

So what can you look forward to (or fear) in the upcoming year? Shut up. I'm about to tell you:

1) More pictures of Spider-Man!
2) Clark: Year One, Fond Remembrances of a Freshman
3) The 10 Most Influential Women in my College Career (that's my nod to Women's History Month)
4) A preview of Mr. Universe.
5) Life with Granny
6) Recipes you can prepare from food scraps you find in the trash 'cause you're a college graduate with a degree in English
7) Much more whine to go with that cheese and Urkel, Urkel, Urkel!

NEXT:
"Confessions of a Daredevil English Major"

Comments

Popular Posts