into the night we shine
lighting the way we glide by
catch me if I get too high
when I come down
i’ll be coming home next year...

- Foo Fighters, "Next Year"

"The Return of the King"
Somebody call VH-1... I am having the best week ever!

When I started this blog in the winter of 2003, it was with the intent to glorify spider-based superheroes and bowling alley lawyers. Spider-Man's still swinging, but the entire town of Stuckeyville was dynamited early last year, and I'm ashamed to admit I kind of forgot about it with the exception of those times when I was looking for tape space to record Smallville, and kept finding tapes and tapes of the best thing that ever happened to WEdnesday night television. (Take that Dawson!)

So imagine my surprise when I learned today that Ed is returning to the airwaves.

Starting Monday, TBS will begin the syndication of Ed weekdays at Noon (EST), finally filling the whole in my morning viewing. I start off with two Yes, Dears at 10, followed by Gilmore Girls or Dawson's Creek at 11. After that I've always just suffered through Full House or Saved by the Bell or whatever's been on HBO until back-to-back Buffy from 1 to 3, followed by Drew Carey from 3-4, more Yes, Dear, until 5, then Gilmore Girls, Seinfeld, and Smallville, which takes us right into primetime viewing.

At long last, the high noon divide has been bridged, and by the best of the best.

Unfortunately, this means I won't have time to shower anymore. And if/when I get a job/internship, everything's going to fall apart. Hell, I might start dodging phonecalls and e-mails to make sure that doesn't happen. Gainful employment's nice and all, but I've never even seen Ed's pilot episode before! Which do you think's more important?

Oh really? Whoa... Maybe you're right...

"How I Wonder What You Are"
In other fun-quirky-shows-making-a-comeback news, I also found out that Wonderfalls, which FOX cancelled before it's fifth episode aired, is coming out on DVD in February, so I'll finally have a chance to figure out if that poor hottie was crazy, touched by God, or both.

I swear, whiling away the days and wasting my potential has never been easier!

"Internal Conflict"
I had a tiny crisis of confidence yesterday. I did some checking, and it turns out that the assistant editor I've been in contact with also happens to be an assistant editor on Spider-Man Unlimited, which is this minor title where new writer's are given a chance to shine, so even if this internship thing doesn't work out, I might still be able to toss a pitch or two his way. Who knows? I'm trying to take it slow and one day at a time, and really trying to avoid coming off as over-eager fanboy...

(It's like the story goes... most people's lives are about finding out who they are, mine's about keeping it a secret.)

Yikes. What if I'm heading toward that uneasy place where if I fail here, it's just because I suck?

Aw, who cares? Ed's coming back! Woo!

NEXT:
Um, Storyboard...?
Maybe? I mean, I know I've got probably lost all cred with ya'll, but seriously. I mean it this time.

Comments

Popular Posts