Monkey Joe Says: A vigilante operating as an urban myth only works for his first year of continuity. Tops.
- Dan Slott, "Dismembership Drive"

"The Making of '"The Making of..." Blog Entry'"
Not in the mood for blogging, but I'm forcing myself to anyway.

(Trying to keep pace with the stupid-self-imposed schedule. I'm an idiot.)

Not gonna lie. This one's gonna suck...

"The Making of 'Decalogue'"
There are different versions of the Ten Commandments...?

Nothing is written in stone. Nothing.

"The Making of the Opening to the Second Chapter of 'The Duck Days of Summer'"
Since nobody showed up to my party, I ended up watching a lot of Batman: The Animated Series.

Had forgotten how much I loved this show as a kid. Actually, that's totally not true. I've never forgotten how much I loved this show. I just hadn't realized how much animated Batman had changed over the last thirteen years. (Thirteen years!)

Clearly when this show started out, the idea was to answer the question on everybody's minds: What was Bruce Wayne up to during all of those Fleisher Superman cartoons? Things happen in this cartoon you would never see in a Batman cartoon today. He gets punched by thugs and it hurts him. Somewhere around the time Dini started that Superman cartoon, Batman stopped feeling pain, and Bruce Wayne stopped softening his voice when he didn't have the mask on.

...

I've lost interest in this topic, too. Oh well. Have justified my quote. That's all that matters. (Though the title probably doesn't make sense now...)

"The Making of 'The Restaurant at the End of the District'"
Every once in a while, I try to elevate my blog to some semblence of art.

It's an exercise in vanity... and a futile one at that. Largely because I'm lazy and have a short attention span, and any attempt I make at a lengthy artsy entry
eventually wears me out and I get sloppy in the end.

For example, I left the following scenes out of "The Restaurant at the End of the District":

*Kate kept picking up pennies for luck. Penny Lane obsessed with pennies? Life imitates art or vice versa? (Am I reaching?)

*Kate said this beautiful thing about our friend Ian and how she likes people who go through things.

*I was trying to help Kate figure out how to tape Family Guy while watching Desperate Housewives, and at one point she begged me not to mess with her cable because it gets screwed up easily. I didn't listen and screwed up her cable. (Probably left this out because I don't like coming off as an ass.)

*Kate told me how she hopes her dad writes a novel some day and she's afraid he won't. Depressed the hell out of me.

*At one point on Sunday morning, I asked Kate what she would say the general theme of the weekend is. She said she didn't know. Looking back, I must admit, it's a very strange question to ask, and a perfect example of my laziness as a writer. Rather than find the theme for myself, ask someone else. I would have included this in "The Restaurant at the End of the District" if I had written it four years ago. Guess I've finally gotten over my perverse need to muck with the fourth wall. Thank Christ.

*Deciding on which restaurant would be the eponymous eatery was a constant concern throughout the weekend. What constitutes "the end of the district"? Everywhere we went was well within the city limits. Thank god for White Castle.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. Looking forward to "Life, the District, and Everything."

NEXT:
"Folded in a Most Peculiar Way"

Comments

Popular Posts