Nobody criticizes the Mighty Ducks trilogy and gets away with it. Nobody!
-Joshua Jackson

"Note to Joshua Jackson's Agent"
Get this kid on Studio 60.

We've all enjoyed watching the next chapter in the careers of the former cast members of the Creek, right? I don't know about you, but the new strange life of Katie Holmes fills my heart with mirth and glee (though I've been researching great literary detectives over the last month or so and might be confused). And Michelle Williams... wow! And hey, Kerr Smith, Jerry Bruckheimer, Justice. Why not?

But even back in my most Dawson-loyalistic days, I always thought that if anybody from that show was going to be a breakout star, it'd be Joshua Jackson, 'cause dammit, DUCKS FLY TOGETHER.

(Oh right, I gave that crap up.)

Where the hell is Pacey?! Sure, I got the Entertainment Weekly that said he was in a B- movie with Juliette Lewis, and I can see on his IMDB page he's got his fingers in a few indy pies, but where the hell is he?! Joey's giving birth to the Scientology messiah, Jenn's scoring Oscar's, and Mr. Whitter's withering away in obscurity!

NO!

And that's why I want him on Studio 60. (Or whatever Sorkin show pops up next if this one tanks.) He's got that wondrous mix of earnest and comic timing. I think the man can work with good material without simply reading it out loud (take notes Amanda Peet). They're a good match.

Trust me. I might know what I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular Posts