What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore -
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over -
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.


Or does it explode?
- Langston Hughes, "Harlem"

"My Dream Deferred"
My Marvel Guy is Marvel No More. He isn't DC, either. He ain't even Image. He's going freelance. If anything, he's competition.

So it's official. After a once promising start, my long suffering fledgling comic book career died a month ago and I didn't even notice.

It died from neglect mostly, and I have to own up to that. I let it die and tried to save it too late.

What can we do though? Sometimes we try and fail. Sometimes we fail to try and fail because of it. We just have to learn from it and dust ourselves off or something else that instills a sense of hope and determination I'm really not feeling at this moment...

NEXT:
Just a Pilgrim

Comments

Popular Posts