But oh no where are you tonight?
And how'd we get here?
It's too late to break it off
I need a release
The signal's a cough
But that don't get me off
I summon you to appear, my love

- Spoon, "I Summon You"

"Complaints Department"
Am I crazy, or is "The Underdog" the exact same song as "I Summon You"? What do you mean I'm crazy?! I am not!

But I can't be the only one who actively dislikes the "Videos being watched right now..." banner on YouTube. Because from what I've seen, I'd really rather not know...

What happened to the packing craftmanship on eBay? I used to win comic auctions and rest assured by the knowledge that I'd be receiving some well maintained books. Nowadays, I seem to receive some of the most creased and banged up comic books I've ever seen outside of a bargain box. Maybe it's because I've been ordering Punisher and Deadpool books. Fans of gun-toting psycho soldiers just have different priorities than the rest of us and I guess I gotta accept that...

What's with Fox bumping New Amsterdam to a midseason replacement instead of premiering in the fall? I mean, let's face it: there's no way the show's going to be a hit, especially not in the face of the heat getting thrown this season, and it'd probably get cancelled it after two episodes were tossed at truly awkward times on the schedule, prompting the shows fifteen diehard fans to declare they'd boycott Fox for all time, but so what? That's the way things just gotta roll sometimes. I wanted to watch the show now...

Hey, have you heard the song "Marry Me" by St. Vincent? Well if you haven't, you should. It contains the most deliciously dismissive reference to Jesus Christ I have ever heard. And what's even better is, it was completely and totally uncalled for. There was no need for that shit, but she laid it down anyway. And that's what makes it art. Marry me, Annie Clark. You don't have to take my name if you don't want...

This wasn't supposed to be my life. Everything I did in school was to prevent this from becoming my life. My life was supposed to be more like this...




And while we're on the subject, why can't I get drunk in New York? Everytime I go to a bar in this city, no matter how much I drink/spend, I barely feel a buzz. What up, Big Apple? You watering down your wares? Oh, you are, aren't you, you shady little bitch...

When is Abe Vigoda gonna kick the bucket? You had a good run, Fish. Go ahead and give up the ghost, man. Me and Prew-Prew got work to do...

And why won't the universe leave me the hell alone? I give up. Hell, I gave up a year ago. You win, Universe. YOU WIN. But no. You just gotta keep on pokin' the old bear. For fucksake!

I'm a man of peace! I'm done killin'...

Comments

Popular Posts