This year, much goes down around you, and others need you to keep their spirits up. Communication could be stilted for the first half of the year, but it will loosen up. Avoid power plays at all costs. SAGITTARIUS can push your buttons.
-Jacqueline Bigar

"Doctor? You take care now..."
"You, too. Chops and gravy... Lovely."
"No. But you be careful. Because your song is ending, sir."
"What do you mean?"
"It is returning... It is returning through the dark. And then, Doctor.. oh but then... He will knock four times."

-Russell T. Davis & Gareth Roberts, "Planet of the Dead"

"Chops & Gravy"
I've always liked having my birthday when I do (and by "always liked" I mean, "really enjoyed -- over the last five or six years")... because my birthday is about midway through the year, and that means that I have two markers throughout the year in which I can evaluate my progress thus far...

Every New Years and July 4th, I can ask myself "How'm I doin'?" and adjust my goals accordingly. I always base these judgements on three criteria, and this year, I've actually made some headway, because while I'm a virgin who hasn't published any writing since January 2006, I no longer live with my Granny and I DO have an apartment of my own.

Of course, this year, as I turn 27... I find myself concerned with the legacy of The Fourth Incarnation of Clark. This is my last year before The Fifth Incarnation of Clark comes to bare. What have I really accomplished over the last six years?!? Sure there was that half a Spider-Man story, but what else?

Exactly.

So, with a year left to live, I, Lenar Clark Mark IV, would like to write that shitty novel... if for no other reason than to get it out of my system. And I'd like to see the Pacific Ocean -- like Lenar Clark Mark III got to -- just once before I die. And, dammit, I'm gonna try to blog more. I know I always say that and always fail, but in my heart of hearts, I've never felt as complete as I did in the height of my blogging. HELL. Clark Mark 4 was born of blogging!!!

Oh... And I sure wouldn't say no to no poon nanny.

But of course -- God willing -- The Fifth Incarnation of Clark will begin his adventures in Chicago...

Comments

Popular Posts