It's such a good feeling... A very good feeling... The feeling you know that I'll be back... When the day is new... And I'll have more ideas for you...
And you'll have things you'll want to talk about... I... will... too...

- Fred M. Rogers, "It's Such a Good Feeling"

"2002 Redux"
Fifth Street is closed for construction, I refuse to wear a coat, no matter how cold it gets, and Erin Tuttle walks among us, wreaking havoc.

It's Winter Semester 2002 all over again.

"The Idiot Savant Box"
It's been a strange week in TV Land indeed: Christopher Reeve on Smallville, Andrew's documentary on "The Slayer of the Vam-pires" on Buffy, the crazy machinations of a malevolent trickster-god/bowling-alley-lawyer in a protracted dream sequence on Ed... My mind is fairly blown.

I really need to get a life.

Am I the only person in the world who's generally curious as to what the hell Jaleel White is doing these days? Last I heard, he appeared as himself in Big Fat Liar -- that kids flick with that Malcolm kid. I'd like to see Urkel doing work again. If I was his agent, I'd be fighting to get him into a film by Spike Lee, or if desperate, Quentin Tarantino to get him a career back. Then I would immediately tank it putting him in a CBS hour long drama where it's him and James Van Der Beek -- hot off of appearing every third episode on Dawson's Creek -- wandering around the country in a beat up Nissan Sentra, searching for the complete works of comic writing god Joe Kelly, and getting into wacky and vaguely amusing misadventures in the meantime. Dustin Diamond would play the rough and tumble bounty hunter who's constantly following them for reasons unrevealed until the shocking season finale, and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen would have recurring roles as the recently legal teenage sex kittens always trying to get Urkel and Dawson in some awful kind of trouble. Add a capuchian helper monkey named Hitler, and I think we'd be cancelled in three episodes.

I've got to go to Latin class kids.
Be excellent to each other.

Comments

Popular Posts