DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES THE FOLLOWING POST COULD NOT BE POSTED AT ITS INCEPTION AT 3:40 THIS MORNING...

I knew every raindrop by its name. I sensed everything before it happened.
- Denis Johnson, Jesus' Son

"Changing Seasons"
I've always been a winter man. I think it all goes back to that year I spent with my dad in Montana, and that strange afternoon when I poisoned myself with kiwi skin and wandered off to Stephanie Gilreath's softball practice despite the fact that it was starting to snow. I was so sick, I just lay there awhile... waiting for death in the nice, white quiet.

That's still how I want to die.

But -- back to my slightly less morbid point -- I think I've got a good appreciation for the changing season. I like the warmth. I love the green. Bring on the spring!

"Last WEdnesday"
They're moving Ed to Friday.
Tonight was the last WEdnesday (a phrase the Why Does My Life Have To Be Like That Of TV's Ed Stevens Club always made a lot of fun to say).
They're moving Ed to Friday, and I'm not sure I'm too happy with this. I mean, it's not like I ever have anything else to do on Friday nights, but hey, why the hell do I need to be reminded of this? It certainly doesn't help that I run the risk of missing the first Friday Ed because of -- you guessed it -- Mock Trial. I swear Woodward, this thing has gone too far. As former co-founder of the WDMLHTBLTOTESC Club (redundant, I know... and I love it), I really thought you'd understand.

"One Leg at a Time"
My pants gave out today. I've been wearing the same pair of jeans everyday for the last two months or so (I know. Disgusting right? Gloriously disgusting!) They've become a second skin to me. Well, today my second scrotum split open. People can see my dangling bits without asking.

"The Last Temptation of Clark"
The forces at work in the world took potshots at me yesterday. For the most part, I'm at peace with things these days, but yesterday, steps were taken to shatter that peace.

I've been Forrest Gumping my way through college. I honestly don't know how I get through class after class... especially with good grades. Yesterday, I got a D on a test, and while I was concerned at first, I've reached a point where I can say "So what? It's just sociology! Who cares about that?!" (Sorry Hank.) That and Andi can still surprise me. I'm never ready for that.

The world works its way. There's no fighting that or any other lost causes. I am friend to misery no longer.

"The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth"
This girl Leslie told me yesterday that she gave my number to some girl who's doing an article for the Missourian about comic books being turned into movies, because she needed a comic geek as a source. This other girl Mel said that she knew a girl who was going to be asking me about comic book movies.

If you assumed -- as I did -- that they were talking about the same person, then you're wrong.

These two articles, which apparantly will be printed side-by-side, both feature me gabbing about funny books. I'm becoming the geek talk go-to guy.

I don't deserve this. I still haven't read Crisis on Infinite Earths. And my knowledge of X-Men history is a joke.

I'm a phony, and one day, they're going to find that out.

"The Third Incarnation of Sabrina"
Me and Sabrina Lloyd have some type of weird thing going on. I borrowed some Sports Night DVDs from one of my FIG kids, and it hit me: When I see her on TV, strange things begin to happen. I don't think it goes all the way back to her work on Sliders though, but we didn't have FOX my seventh grade year. Still, I might try to puzzle this one out... or come to the inevitable conclusion that searching for signs is for deluded nuts and schmucks driving back home from faraway places on ninety minutes of sleep in the wee hours of the morning.

Tonight would have been a nice night to chase someone in the rain.
Whatever will be will be.

Comments

Popular Posts