I caught a glimpse of heaven once...
- Garth Ennis, "Welcome Back, Frank"

"Welcome Back, Clark"
I had completely forgotten about Hedrick. I had completely blocked him out, but there he was, sitting next to me behind the desk.

I know how nuts I am. I know I tend to run off on tangents and what not. I know I'm not very grounded at times. I know I let my imagination run wild. I know I fail to see what's painfully obvious...

And despite this, I still feel infinitely more sane than half of the people I see on a day to day basis.

I think you're all just... that... crazy...

Hank said something to day about subverting who I am for other people. He meant it is a joke about not drinking at the desk. But it somehow seemed like the truest thing I'd heard all day.

"Why I Don't Talk About Music Too Much"
I love when William Shatner sings. Seriously. Have you ever heard him do "Rocket Man"? It's Captain Kirk singing "It's lonely out in space." I want the album. I want it so bad it pains me... but no. It's not meant to be right now. I can understand that.

I also love when Chris Parnell raps on Saturday Night Live. Love it.

"I Feel So Pregnable..."
You ever have a friend who didn't really start out as your friend? Someone who you may have tried to avoid for the first two or three years of your acquantance with them? Someone who you found down right annoying, until the day that you somehow got past that nearly impregnable first impression you had of them and realized that they were all right?

People like that can become some of your best friends.

Brent Jones is one of those people to me.

"Owe Woe is Me"
I finally did my taxes, and it turns out that for the first time, I actually owe money. $101. I made over $6000 last year. That's double what I made the year before... and yet, I owe Capital One almost $1500, which is about double what I owed them this time last year.

Where did my money go? I don't pay rent... I live in a dorm, and the scholarships cover that. I don't buy gas... I don't have a car. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes... I shop at Walmart. Why am I poor? It couldn't have all been comic books and ebay, right? It has to have gone somewhere?

The way I see it, it just means that I have been successively socialized in the consumer capitalist culture. I can double my income and still manage to outlive my means. I'm a good citizen.

I'm an idiot.

Welcome back, Clark.
Says Columbia, Missouri.

Comments

Popular Posts