Jenny Sparks is dead, but, like any women you miss, it's nice to see her come out for one last dance.
- Warren Ellis, "Century"

"Chinese Verse from Poets of the British Isles"
You know the phrase "nervous breakdown"? What's "nervous" all about? Are they referring to the neurological impulses or a state of agitation? Can you have a "relaxed breakdown"? Can you have a "calm as a Hindu cow breakdown"? I think I might be having one of those. A nice, peaceful dissemination of my being while it all quietly goes to hell. It's almost kind of delightful.

Does anyone know who Charlie Banks is? I thought the captain of the Mighty Ducks was Charlie Banks, but I was watching D3 the other day, and Joshua Jackson's character was Charlie Conway... so who the hell is Charlie Banks? Did I just make him up? That doesn't seem very likely. I'm not very imaginative. Is Charlie Joe's brother? Or is he a phantom? Does he sag like a heavy load? Or does he explode?

Do you have The American Heritage College Dic tion ar y: Third Edition? Check page 536. Is that fossilized mary jane? Trippy.

The Tuesday lunch shift at the Applebee's on 63rd Street is pretty out of it. Really. I'm not just babbling here. Tell them, Rob.

You know that episode of The Simpsons where Lisa says that you can't just make generalizations about people, and Bart adds "Yeah, that's what they do in Russia"? You know how I took Russian civilization class, but never really seemed to go? Well, Russia would have had a great Batman.

My father retired today. Or at least, he had a retirement party. I was invited but I didn't go. I didn't even tell him I wasn't going to go. I didn't know how.

Vampires won't work, Prewitt. I think that in the post-30 Days of Night atmosphere of the industry, a novel about nosferatu would seem somewhat derivative, and my actual lack of originality would certainly hedge that bet. At this point, I can only shoot down ideas. I have none. Maybe I'm just jealous. Wait... perhaps I could vent eleven years of Catholic School (I missed kindergarten in New York City and seventh grade in Great Falls, Montana) in a strange piece entitled something almost clever like Jesus Shaves.

They tell me my chest has been dissolving and it's all my fault.

Dude. The airline ticket agent from Dharma and Greg is an assistant hotel manager on Third Rock from the Sun. I wonder if WDAF planned it that way or if there are other forces at work here.

Kate, while you're in Europe, try to find that place where Gaiman's "Exiles" meets Morrison's "Of Living and Dying". I think it's there.

Why you need to be twenty-one to drive an ice cream truck is beyond me. Is the tingly music somehow more tolerable when you're drunk? And if so, doesn't that still impair your driving? Suffice it to say, Jonathan Richman won't be singing to me for some time.

Ashes ashes we all fall down.

Comments

Popular Posts