Life was Finnegans Wake, to be sure, except for those times when it was Marvel Comics.
- Tom Robbins, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

"Something Clever"
On Wednesday, I walked to the comic book store and back. It took me eight hours. My mind and body is still recovering.

I probably could have gotten a ride from My Crazed Former Roommate when I saw him at the library on the way back, but I didn't have the strength or wherewithal to call out to him, and he was making his way out of there rather swiftly.

Song that I'm currently listening to over and over: "Fight Test" by the Flaming Lips.

This afternoon, I finally wrapped up Phase One of the Great Comic Book Census of 2003. Yes. I used the word census. It's like they're people to me. There are still calculations to make, but I'm fairly confident that my collection exceeds 2,000. It'd be really interesting to see if I've drawn as many pages of stick figures as comic books I have. And by "really interesting" I mean "kind of pathetic".

Speaking of pathetic, it's occurred to me that I haven't talked about Ed in quite sometime. I perused the message board at stuckeyville.com today, and i was once again pleased to see that there are still bigger dorks than me out in the world. Lucky me.

There's no where for me to go but straight to hell.

Comments

Popular Posts