Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you’ve got ‘til its gone...?
- Joni Mitchell, "Big Yellow Taxi" (My New Work Anthem)


"The King of Inscrutible Silences Makes a Graceful Exit"
I really love those stories where a king watches his kingdom crumble to ruins around him, and yet he stands by and does nothing while it all goes to hell until the very last.

I also love those graceful exits when the clever wizard's finally been cornered, and it seems like there's no way out but they just calmly kind of say "I have no intention of being captured" or "I think we've gotten the most out of our education here."

I do not love excuses, however. Nor do I have any desire to become one.

Tonight I really just wanted to climb up into the night time sky and smash the stars to pieces. It may not have been so if I'd had another book.

The Green Goblin remains at large.

I'm really quite sad, you know.

Khattam-Shud.

Comments

Popular Posts