It's Valentine's Day and I don't feel much like being anybody's valentine, but, as odd as it seems, I find myself wanting to talk to you...
- Jeph Loeb, Spider-Man: Blue

"My Funny Valentine"
With each passing year, I find more and more that I'm not the person I always claim to be. As you may remember, I once was a strong opponent of the weblog and now look at me... just look at me! And I think I'm turning into a journalist...

So, with that said, it should come as little surprise to you that I, Lenar Clark, two-time champ of Misogyny Match and a biggity-bitch once so bitter he chastised Kate Jeffries for giving him a valentine with the sentiment "You're nobody 'til somebody loves you" or somesuch to the point she felt compelled to write him an apology, have come to realize that I love this pathetic excuse for a non-holiday.

Don't ask me why. I couldn't really tell you. I've tried to explain it but it always comes out all wrong. It's not like I've got a date this year -- or that I'm going to have a date any time soon. It's not like this year holds anymore promise than the litany of disappointments in years past. And it's certainly not that I've got stock in Russell Stover...

Maybe it's just the fact that hating Valentine's Day has become a cliche in the worst way... Maybe I've just truly gotten sentimental in my seniority... Maybe I'm crazy.

To tell you the truth, I think I just wanted an excuse to post this:






Happy Valentine's Day.
Hope all your wishes come true...

Comments

Popular Posts