That was close.
Maybe too close.
Maybe.

- Kevin Smith, "A Ruse By Any Other Name..."

"Spider-Man and the Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do"
Briefly:
* Haps to the birthday, Mommy.

* How crazy is it that I wish that people would throw cars through windows at me on a daily basis? I can have awkward conversations with women every damn day if I choose to -- and often do when I don't anyway -- but nobody ever chucks a nice sedan at me to get me out of it before I say/do something stupid. Is it nuts that I don't see that as a gift, but as a curse?

* I, too, wonder what role Bonnie Somerville will play in all this.

* Andi Dempsey and I were supposed to have lunch today, but she never called me, and I have no idea where she is so I could not call her. She was also supposed to have 10,000 of my babies, but I've been told -- repeatedly -- that this is a lot to ask of someone. (Whether this means the sheer number of babies or the use of a turkey baster is too much to ask, I'm still unclear.)

* There's a black cat that crosses my path frequently. Understand that when I say this, it is not some subtle jab at someone. This black cat I refer to doesn't represent someone in my life. I'm talking about a living, breathing felis domesticus with black fur that I've encountered a number of times while walking that stretch of fifth street between FARC and The Barrio. I don't feel lucky.

* Life is unjust. I'm not even talking about my life specifically. Let's just leave it at that.

* I will not let Boy Meets Girl break my spirit. But I will not put it down either. Damn your eyes.

* As for "the evil that men do," I broke five of the 8 Simple Rules for Governing My Misery yesterday, and yet my misery remains intact. Is that a victory or not?

* Words continue to fail me.




NEXT:
"The Death of the Little Black Duck"

(I'm pretty sure I mean it this time...)

Comments

Popular Posts