The true magic of this broken world lay in the ability of the things it contained to vanish, to become so thoroughly lost, that they might never have existed in the first place.
- Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

"Bicycle Built for Two"
I love a good bike ride.

I used to take a 40 minute bike ride every Wednesday to get to the comic book store. It was great. Made me feel like I'd really earned that new issue of Deadpool.

Before he got bit by that genetically-altered super spider, Peter Parker told The American President that he couldn't sleep at night so that's when he worked his stories out in his head. I used to do spinning down Blue Ridge Boulevard with the wind in my face. True, the stories never turned out much better than they do now, but damn it, it was fun.

I saw some guy riding a tandem bike down Fifth Street today. He was doing it by himself. At first I felt surprised that you could ride a bicycle built for two on your own, but when I stopped and thought about it, I knew I'd always known.

"There are bigger things happening here than me and you..."

Comments

Popular Posts