I used to know someone who said "Water finds its own level." He was talking about people when he said it, to which I'd reply, "What if you live in the desert?"

God, I'm witty.

We move through life collecting people, places and things that reflect and define us. But what if you aren't moving at all?

What if you're just sitting there while the water flows all around you looking for its level?

You find yourself surrounded by anything the current couldn't push.

That's what I got. Unmoveable, unchangeable rocks in the stream, the bunch of us huddled together while rhe river of life flows on by... too dumb to know we're drowning in it.

- Joe Kelly, "River Rocks"

"Bad Dog"
I have the worst roommate on the planet. I almost never see him. He never has his half of the rent, and he's always spending my money on shit he doesn't need. He eats my food without asking, and he's always playing pranks on me when I'm sleeping.

I call him Drunk Lenar and I hate his fucking guts but can't seem to get rid of him.

Case in point: I wake up half an hour late for work -- because he unplugged my alarm clock -- on the kitchen floor, and when I check the fridge, he's eaten the steak I bought and left the dishes for me to do.

He gives me such a headache!

"Bad Wolf"
I know I used to be the kind of guy who went looking for trouble where he had no business searching, but I'm not that guy anymore... but trouble still finds me.

You may not remember, but I've always had this sense of things... and right now I've got this sense that there's trouble coming down the pipeline, and I don't have the energy I used to.

My doom is out there, I just know it.

"Dog Eat Dog"
Life is kicking my ass right now and I don't know why and I don't know how to fight back. Or maybe I'm just to old or scared and wasted away to remember...

"Old Dog, Old Tricks"
There are things I used to be good at, but I'm not anymore.

This is one of those things...

Comments

Popular Posts