But I have had dreams about dreams about dreams.
- Neil Gaiman, "Exiles"

"Dreamer In My Dreams"
Robin Williams is God. Mork from Ork... The overactor who wanted to wear the Barney suit in Nine Months... created the heavens and the earth. He lives in the backroom of an apartment in Overland Park.

My dearest friend showed me the way, and all my long forgotten friends... the people who touched my life and went away all came by to say hello.

And Amy Walburn... The first to say she wanted to meet my wife... The girl who, upon reading my first stick-figure story wrote "You're dememnted. I did not like your story. Only the parts Justin and Karl were in were good. You need to write a real story about your messed up idea of relationships"... The girl who went to Paris and I always called "The Beast"?

She's the devil. And stranger yet, I don't hold it against her.

"It's Not Like the Movies..."
Have you ever seen Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinkin' Yo' Juice in the Hood? I saw it many years ago, and only two scenes really stick out in my memory.

First off, there's the scene when Shawn Wayans tells his dad, who's obviously five years younger than him, that he got his girl friend pregnant. And his dad asks him if he used a condom, and Shawn sheepishly says he didn't, and the biggest, funniest grin comes upon the "old man"'s face and he says "Good son, 'cause you can't feel nothing." I always laugh when I think about that.

The other scene is at the beginning, when the narration says that most of the guys in the neighborhood don't make it to their twenty-first birthday, and there's this one guy who's celebrating making it to the big Two One when somebody randomly runs up and shoots him.

That one's not so funny.

"Final Thoughts"
Don't you hate it when you tell someone you had a weird dream, and suddenly, they want to tell you about the dream they had? Well ha. You can't do that to me now.

I win. I win. One to nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts