Remember those posters that said, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"? Well, that's true of every day but one: the day you die.
- Alan Ball, American Beauty

"Further Memoirs from a Wayward Journeyman of the Circadian Rhythm"

Thirty Three Hours... Dangerous Chaos... Like Alias... A. I. Brook's Most Infamous Grumble... Trite Banality... Little Black Duck Continuity...

I've been awake for thirty-three hours.
And you know what? Ryan Reynolds is simply a delight. You're right, Will. He's our Dirk Danger. Can't you just see the sly look on his face while a disgruntled police chief grumbles "What the hell's happened to your investigation, Danger?" and he just says "I'll tell you what's happened chief. It's chaos... Dangerous Chaos." If Robin Williams is god, as my nocturnal synapses would have me believe, than he, certainly, is The Son.
And I like M*A*S*H, too.
You know what else? I am deeply saddened that there are some things I simply will never be able to share with you. Like Alias. You'd love it if you only knew.
Kate. Hurry home. I think we're a few days away from A. I. Brook's most infamous grumble: Want some soda pop, Mr. Leery?
An expansive lexicon is not the enemy. It's trite banality that shall do us in.
I try to consider this a spoiler-free zone, but after reading through a quarter of the much ballyhooed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I have a terrible feeling that Little Black Duck continuity has been thrown to shit. I swear... Rowling didn't even think to call.

Off to bed now.
Should be sleeping normally again in time for the big Two One or the Great Beyond.
Whichever comes first.

Comments

Popular Posts