Comics? Comics are for kids, lady!
- Kevin Smith, Mallrats
(You know I'm desperate when I'm quoting Mallrats...)

"Because Nobody Demanded It: The War on Journalism Continues"
How many journalism students do I know?
Tons.
How many of them want to work for my favorite magazine, Wizard: The Guide to Comics?
Not a damned one of them.
You all suck... except for the ad majors. Ya'll are all right.

"Welcome Back, Kate"
Hey Kate. Bad news. The Most Infamous Grumble of A. I. Brooks transpired Thursday morning. I was asleep, despite a thirty-six hour campaign to realign my sleeping patters. I did not tape it.
I guess we'll have to wait until "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" makes like Billie Joe Armstrong and the boys in that little ditty of theres.
(And if you understand what I mean by that, you might just be my soulmate.)
Hope you had a nice transatlantic flight.

"For Those of You Who Have Missed Scenes from the Next updates..."
Whenever I take the chance to put down Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (my god that whiny brit bastard's on my last nerve) or Across the Universe: The DC Universe Stories of Alan Moore (my god that talented brit bastard's on my last nerve), I will begin work on what I am arbitrarily calling issue #12 (though it's probably closer to #16) of Scenes from the Next, which features the first full appearance of the Priest of the Panther Clan, and the origin of the Little Black Duck's name, both of which leads into the Duck's junior year and the mind-bogglingly derivative multipart epic "Saga of the Alien Afro" which contains the much talked about, and sure to disappoint "Out Whit: The Musical."
Fun stuff ahead. If I could just put those books down.

"A Decent Pair of Kicks"
I got desperately needed new shoes (the Chuck Taylors are in a sorry state indeed), and I somehow let them talk me into buying that water proofing spray crap. How sad am I? Still not as bad as the time I bought the homemade rap CD for ten bucks while cruising the Columbia Mall.
Speaking of malls, you should see the Brodie Bruce Inaction Figure. It's sure to be one of my next unnecessary expenditures.

Think I'll go watch Van Wilder again...

Comments

Popular Posts