"It's like where we are, what we do, we've opened a kinda door an' we're gonna step through it 'cause we just can't stop ourselves -- an' on the other side of that door is hell."
"Hell...?"
"Or somethin'. I dunno. Is this makin' any sense to you at all?"
"Nope. But then I wasn't raised no Catholic."

- Garth Ennis, "Door into the Dark"

"No Matter What I Do... No Matter How Hard I Try..."
I am not having nearly enough fun in this life to feel as hellbound as I do.

I don't like compromise. That's not to say I'm one of these guys who walks around saying It's my way or the highway! because, let's face it, I never really expect to get my way. What I mean when I say that I don't like compromise is that I hate those situations where you can't tell what the right thing to do is, so you just kind of pick one and hope you haven't done anything too terrible. And these days, it seems like saying this is the same as saying I don't like life.

But I'm trying, Ringo... I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd...

Where did it all go wrong? Why do I feel like a stranger in my own life? What do I have to do to make things right? When did honor and honesty lose some sense of sympatico? Who am I kidding here?

And how come I can't find a picture of Pete staring at his guilt-ridden hands to save my life?

Comments

Popular Posts