When I picture him heading south in his own car with the top down, it makes me laugh all over again... Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.
- Frank Darabont, The Shawshank Redemption

"What Alcoholics and Born-Agains Refer to as a 'Moment of Clarity'"
I've been running around saying that ever since the end of my last class, my life has stopped making sense. Well, having made it through what has undoubtedly been one of the weirdest weekends in my life thus far, and having been subjected to what I can only describe as terrors beyond all reasoning, I think I may have to retract my statement.

My life actually does make sense right now, and I swear, I almost get the feeling that there's been a point to the years of unremitting horror after all.

Of course, there's still a wrinkle or two to iron out, and Lord knows that -- just like Osborn's facacta strength-enhancing formula -- things could still blow up in my face at a moment's notice, in which case I'll be right back here bitching and bemoaning the cruel vagaries of fate and the follies of optimism, but for right now, let's give the Doctor Doom-and-Gloom routine a rest, 'cause I'm feeling fantastic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a show to write.

Comments

Popular Posts