Shh... My common sense is tingling.
- Joe Kelly, "Our Second Most Confusing Issue Yet... After Issue #6 (We Would've Said #9, But That Was Just BAD, Not Confusing)" or "Mouthful of Malice, Head Full of Cheese"

"Spider-Sense Tingling"
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have this innate sense of impending gloom. It comes from the way someone greets me. It's informed by my ability to read between the lines. It's piqued by uncomfortable silences.

I knew when Schwartz was going to dump me hours before it happened. I can always tell when a girl's going to date Jon Sessions. Sometimes a feeling of foreboding washes over me before Jeffries calls with bad news.

And again, this isn't something I try to talk about too often or take too seriously, because a certain amount of playing dumb is required in order for me to get through my day and most conversations, and as much as I love Spider-Man, I really try to avoid actively claiming I have any of his powers and abilities, lest you think I've truly gone round the bend -- not to mention the undeniable fact that if I had anything like "spider-sense," there's no way I would have been peed on by a squirrel!

Still, I can usually feel out the emotional rough patches ahead before the shit truly hits the fan, and I've got to tell you, I feel one bearing down on me right now.

So what else is new?

"The Wonderful Thing about Spidders is Spidders are Wonderful Things"
Too my shock and surprise, I actually accomplished something yesterday.

I've got a workable first-draft of my proposed Spider-Man Unlimited story, and while the last scene needs to be reworked a little, there's at least one exchange between Spider-Man and the Sandman that needs to be rewritten, and the story as a whole might not quite be what I was going for just yet, I really don't think it's too awful. It's definitely publishable by the standards I've seen set forth by this particular series, even if it does go the route of the "yo' mama" joke at one point.

Maybe I'll post it and see what you think. Or maybe I'll spare us all the hassle and just ask Prewitt.

"Spider, Spider, Burning Bright"
I got an e-mail from Hank that seems to indicate that they're planning on reinstating The Draft.

And if that's the case, how monumentally fucked is my poor, unemployed, black ass?

So much for my brief respite. No rest for the whacked, I always say...

Comments

Popular Posts