No one's coming to save us. A Boom Tube just swallowed the entire planet with us on it, and spit us out on the other side of the universe. I can't believe I just wrote that sentence. I can't believe this is my life. Wake me up, please. This isn't fun anymore.
- Joe Kelly, "War Letters"

"Can't Sleep. Clown'll Eat Me"
I've been trying to go "nigh-nigh" for about four hours now, but it's just not happening.

I just keep staring at the ceiling, wondering whether or not I'm a jerk, but pretty sure I am, and wondering why and how to make it stop. And when I try counting sheep, I get distracted by the numbers, because I'm a bit of a secret math geek.

I've got awful taste in music. I see that now.

I have to work in five hours. I've been having biblical plagues at work lately. Two weeks ago, the popcorn popper caught fire while I was dumping the popcorn and we just about ran out (fire and famine) and last week, the leaky roof brought soggy tiles crashing down around my head (flood) and I broke the neon sign because I can't admit I'm afraid of heights (darkness). Locusts are coming today. Or maybe frogs will fall out of the sky, which I always thought'd be cool (and by always, I mean since I saw Magnolia).

It's been a number of years, but I still can't wrap my mind around The Baumer's attempted suicide in Royal Tenenbaums. It's his proposed last words that always get to me. "I'm gonna kill myself tomorrow," but then he does it right then? The stupid bastard.

The sun's coming up. That totally sucks. The last time I was up this late, people got hurt.

Don't. Don't do this. I had to do it. Someone did. He would have just reminded us of what we'll never be.

Christ, I feel sick in my soul...

Comments

Popular Posts