The sea is foamin' like a bottle of beer.
The wave is comin' but I ain't got no fear.
I'm waxin' down so that I'll go real fast.
I'm waxin' down because it's really a blast.
I'm goin' surfin' cuz I don't like your face.
I'm bailin' out because I hate the race
Of rats that run, round and round, in a maze.
I'm goin' surfin', I'm goin' surfin'.

You take your car to work. I'll take my board.
And when your out of fuel, I'm still afloat.

My buddies and their honeys all come along.
They seem invincible as they surf along.
The sea is rollin' like a thousand pound keg.
We're goin' surfin', we're goin' surfin.

You take your car to work. I'll take my board.
And when your out of fuel, I'm still afloat.
You take your car to work. I'll take my board.
And when your out of fuel, I'm still afloat.

All along the undertow is strengthening its hold.
I never thought it'd come to this. Now, I can never go home.

- Weezer, "Surf Wax America"

"Jones from Kansas City"
As a general rule, I try not to repeat myself. No matter how much fun I had writing an entry where I wrote a letter to the comic book of my life, I've never written another one.

So with that in mind, I hope you'll forgive an old man his indulgence as I present some more of Brent's email's reimagined as musings of the Silver Surfer. I've been killing myself to post everyday for the last week or so, and frankly, this is a lot easier than writing actual content. Besides, this is probably a little more interesting than reading my rambling thoughts about why Blue Beetle is super neat or hearing about my crazy plan to make my life like a Spider-Man story... right?



I'd be an asshole if I didn't admit I saw The Lake House opening day.



Have I mentioned how much I love this guy? Here I get in on the action...



While combing through our old correspondence, I found this paragraph I wrote to Brent:

I read this short story once. I don't remember it that well, but part of it was about this kid at school and how everybody in his class had to write essays about their homes or something which will be read in class. So he gets out his dictionary and thesaurus and tries to write this really eloquent and elaborate essay to impress everybody. Well, what ends up happening is that there's this poor kid or something in the class who writes a really simple but descriptive essay, and he doesn't use big words, and his grammar isn't even that great, but somehow, just by the barebones of it, this poor kid manages to write the best essay in the class, and doesn't even think much of it. That's what your emails always make me think of.

My question to you, Dear Reader: Was this a compliment or merely completely condescending?

NEXT:
My Crazy Plan to Make My Life Like a Spider-Man Story...

Comments

Popular Posts