you wanna cry
when you're dealing with
the kids

they know it all
and they're
pinning you
to boards

it's a game
and you'll play
but you can't
have fun
when all
they do is say
lies

- Weezer, "Space Rock"

"Norrin from Zenn-La"
My mother and I have been fighting about the Silver Surfer -- the Sentinel of the Spaceways, Cosmic Wanderer, and the greatest Herald of Dread Galactus of all time -- since about ten this morning.

Say what you want about their quality, but Marvel's ever growing film franchise certainly make my emails a little more interesting.

I was really into the Surfer for a while there in high school, and the reason for that is obvious to me in hindsight: Before Ultimate Spider-Man came around, Silver Surfer used to be the place to go to for Emo-lite adolescent angst...



What I find hilarious about this -- other than the general question of Who the fuck is he talking to?! -- is that when I tried to type this up as an opening entry quote, it looked just like an email from Brent. Don't believe me? Click on the image below for a larger, easier to read version and take a look...



So in the Fantastic Four version of my college years, Brent Jones is Norrin Radd.

That sounds about right...

Comments

Popular Posts